Hello DuniarTips Readers, Hope you are well. Today in this post I’m Prince Al-amin going to Explain The bad effects of superistitutions
Firstly Let’s know about Superstitions
- Superstition is a pejorative term for belief in supernatural causality: that one event leads to the cause of another without any natural process linking the two events, such as astrology, religion, omens, witchcraft, etc., that contradicts natural science. Opposition to superstition was a central concern of the intellectuals during the 18th century Age of Enlightenment. The philosophes at that time ridiculed any belief in miracles, revelation, magic, or the supernatural, as “superstition,” and typically included as well much of Christian doctrine. The word superstition is often used pejoratively to refer to religious practices other than the one prevailing in a given society, although the prevailing religion may contain just as many superstitious beliefs. It is also commonly applied to beliefs and practices surrounding luck, prophecy and spiritual beings, particularly the belief that future events can be foretold by specific unrelated prior events.
Lets see a real superstition activities story
Once in our village,there was a croocked and wicked person.His name was Mr.dewan foqir.He was titled as foqir because people thought him as a spiritual master. Actually he was not a spiritual master at all.He had some knowledge about our religion but he was not a master.He had some companions and they were also like him.He made a house with the help of his companions which was known as “udra ghar”. It was his praying place. He usually taught his companions in front of udra ghar.He And his companions believed that our prophet hazrat Mohammad sm would come to their udra ghar.So they placed a well designed chair covered by a red cloth in the udra ghar.
However mr.dewan faqir couldnot translate arabic to bangla.He told his mindmade translation to his companions.
An example is given
- Mr dewan:Inna ataina kal kaosar.
- Companions:what is the meaning of it,father?
- Mr dewan:It means kalke kaosar aitase(kawsar will come tomorrow.)
- Mr dewan again started
::fasallili robbika wanhar
- His companions again asked its meaning,,,,then he translated:::Se(kaosar) aj tin din dhore onahari(kaosar is hungry for 3 days!!!!)
- Mr dewan:Inna saniakahual abtar
Its translation::::tomra amar kotha suno.(hear my speech!!!)
Thus he misleaded a number of youths.They helped their teacher all time.Mr dewan was leading a happy life in this time.Within a few time he became rich because his acompanions gave him a portion of their earning.Then he married a rich mans daughter.He was the happiest person in his village.
However he told the name of allah everyday.People thought him as a very pious person but he never prayed his salat.One day he was saying allahs name.In that time a dog intered his praying room.It was harvesting time and summer day.His companions gave him some crops.The dog was hungry.It began to eat crops entering its head into a earthen pot.On the other hand mr.dewan thought that hazrat mohammad sm had come to his house,so he began to say allahs name more and more.His wife told him to see whats happening actually.But mr.dewan didn’t pay any heed to her.Then his wife came with light and saw that it was a dog which was eating crops.
Seeing this her wife became very angry and said,””A dog is your prophet,you are the follower of the devil.”” Not only she but also his companionate criticized him and obliged him to come back in the right way.
After that he could realize his fault and became an honest person
Is it better to be superstitious or not?
Depends what you mean by superstitious. Generally you are better off the more your internal model of reality matches actual reality, since then you will more accurately be able to anticipate events and respond to them. Superstitious behaviour, such as in Skinner’s Pigeon experiments, is, at best, unhelpful in anticipating reality. So the short answer is “not”.
So we should be more aware of this matter all time.
This Post credit goes to Tayib Shahriar