Hello Guys, At first take my cordial thanks for stay with DuniarTips team.
Today, In this tutorial I’m going to share how Get 100GB of Free Google Drive Space on a Chromebook.
If you were a new user in Google Drive,
Lets Know About Google Drive
Google Drive is a freemium cloud storage service that is integrated with the company’s other services and systems — including Google Docs, Gmail, Android, Chrome, YouTube, Picassa, Google Video,Google Analytics and Google+.
Google Drive, which enables a seamless browser-based interface between the user’s files and applications, competes with SkyDrive, Microsoft’s cloud storage service which is similarly integrated with that company’s applications and systems. Other competing services include Apple’s iCloud, Box, Dropbox, Mozy’s Stash, SugarSync and Yandex.
Without going into detail, these cloud storage services store your files in a central location so you can access them from several devices and essentially from anywhere in the world. They also offer varying levels of backup protection in case you lose something.
Is google drive safe?
- Before your data leaves your device, it is encrypted using the TLS standard. This is the same standard used to encrypt your browser connections to secure (HTTPS) websites. It is then uploaded to Google.
- After your data reaches Google, it gets unencrypted then re-encrypted using 128-bit AES. While not the 256-bit algorithm that most other services use, this is still perfectly fine. This is done on-the-fly before the data is actually stored, which prevents the possible leakage of unencrypted data on their hard drives.
- The AES encryption keys that were used to encrypt your data are then, themselves, encrypted with a rotating set of master keys. This adds another layer of security by requiring a second set of encryption keys to get to your data.
- This process is simply reversed when one of your devices retrieves your data from Google.
Two-factor authentication is supported.
This has become a necessary feature. Passwords are stolen so easily these days that we simply cannot do without this feature anymore. Even if you’re not using Google Drive, this should be enabled on your Google account. Go here to turn it on.
Metadata is also encrypted while stored
Not only your data, but all the information about your data is encrypted as well.
- Your data is encrypted when moved internally
- In response to the revelation of the NSA spying efforts, Google started encrypting all data in transit on their internal network. This means that your data is encrypted when passing between Google’s own data centers.
Google Drive is not HIPAA compliant
Because Google wants to be able to see everything you upload, they of course cannot claim HIPAA compliance.
All things considered, Google seems to be doing a very good job of keeping your data safe from hackers. It’s certainly better security than is utilized by the majority of homes and small businesses. But security is only half the story. What about the privacy of your stuff?
- Most Chromebooks come with 100GB of free space on Google Drive, but you don’t just get it for logging in to your new Chromebook with your Google account. You have to take a few steps to redeem the storage. If you use Google Drive a lot (and you will, given the limited amounts of internal storage on Chromebooks), you will want to take advantage of this offer.
Here is how to get your 100GB of free Google Drive space on a Chromebook.
That’s all. Again Thanks for stay with us. Everyday keep visiting DuniarTips.com